Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chicken Artichoke Pizza


This is one of mine & Nate's own creations...with the help of a few people along the way. I got the pizza dough recipe from my friend Audrey, and the sauce recipe from my sister-in-law Stacie. We thought it made a great combo!
Perfect Pizza Dough
*mix in bosch
1 cup warm water 1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp yeast 3 Tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 C Semolina flour 1 tsp salt
Mix warm water, sugar, and yeast until active. Add to Bosch w/oil and most flour. Mix for 5 minutes, add flour & salt until pulls clean away from the bowl. Shape & roll & place on warm pizza stone. Bake w/toppings at 400 for 12-15 minutes. Makes 2 12'' pizzas.
Fettuccine Alfredo
1 cube butter 1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter & sour cream then add rest of ingredients.
**I love to make this & just keep it in the fridge to either stir in with freshly made pasta or put on a pizza.
To make the pizza, this is what we did. I cut little chunks of chicken & cooked them in alfredo sauce until they were done. Then, I spread sauce on the dough & just started adding whatever we wanted on our pizza. I think we put: spinach, red onion, chicken, quartered artichokes, crumbled bacon, maybe pine nuts (can't remember), mozzarella cheese & Parmesan cheese. You can put on whatever you have & sounds good. This is really fun to experiment with. We enjoyed it...hope that was all clear, let me know if you have any questions.

4 comments:

Brittney Wimmer said...

Cass this looks SO good! We're totally going to have to try it! You know how much we love the artichoke hearts on Papa Murphy's gourmet vegi!

Britney said...

Sounds so yummy! Impressive that you made your own crust! By the way, what's semolina flour?

N8Stowers said...

Brit-any kind of flour will work just fine, I don't really know what semolina flour is, my guess is just a good baking flour & I think i've heard it's healthier. It's just what the recipe called for.

Britney said...

Good to know. Thanks Betty!