Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Orange Cookies

I made these cookies when we first went down to see the cabin land and they were a hit! They are one of my families favorite cookies! Enjoy.
2/3 Cup Margarine
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons Orange Peel Grated
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups Flour

Cream sugar, eggs, orange juice, and peel together. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix well. Bake at 400 until golden brown. Cool and ice!

Orange Icing
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
Small amount of Orange Peel
Powder Sugar to thicken

4 comments:

Jeremy and Amanda said...

So I forgot to tell you: Roll a small amount of dough into a ball and bake!

N8Stowers said...

i'm excited to try them. thanks for adding it on!

Casha said...

Kendra made these on Sunday, they are sooo good! Thanks for sharing!

Nana Jan said...

I just tried these and I don't think they were as good as Amanda's. I used butter and put them on the cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop. Should I have rolled them in a ball?
It seems yours were lighter and thicker. They were still yummy but just a little crispy.
What do I need to do?