Monday, July 28, 2008

Salmon Baked in Foil

I made this for Sunday dinner last night with Brother Jer, Amanda and Papa and we all thought it was pretty tasty. It was super easy and fast to make and super easy and fast to clean up! I got this from my Everyday Italian cookbook (Giada de Laurentis). Giada says this method of cooking in foil (or parchment paper) is a great way to cook any type of fish or even chicken and/or vegetables. I will definitely be making this again!




4 (5 ounces each) salmon fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained (I used canned tomatoes)
2 chopped shallots (I used green onions)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Sprinkle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir the tomatoes, shallots, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
Place a salmon fillet, oiled side down, atop a sheet of foil. (I used parchment paper.) Wrap the ends of the foil to form a spiral shape. Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely; seal the packets closed. Place the foil packet on a heavy large baking sheet. Repeat until all of the salmon have been individually wrapped in foil and placed on the baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Using a large metal spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve.

2 comments:

Casha said...

Sounds awesome Brit! I'm so excited about your picture too, cause it looks great too!! We'll have to try it. Where do you like to get your salmon? I never make it.

Britney said...

I got my salmon at Costco and it was great! Maybe just try the fresh meat department at your grocery store to see if it looks good there.