Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yummy Chili!

Just wanted to post the recipe for the chili we ate over Thanksgiving weekend. Glad you all enjoyed it! I got it from Emeril but made some changes along the way. Enjoy!

2Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 lbs Ground Turkey
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Bay Leaf
3 Cups Yellow onion-chopped
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 (28 oz) Can crushed tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 Cup beef broth
2 teaspoons salt
2 Cans kidney beans
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
Dash cinnamon

Heat oil in large pan. Add meat, chili powder, cumin, red pepper, and bay leaf. Cook until meat is well browned. Add onions and cook until soft (8min). Add garlic. Add tomatoes, paste, broth, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate. Stir, bring to boil. Add beans. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook 1-1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
*I have also used my slow cooker after browning the meat. I then added the rest of the ingredients and let it cook on low all day.

1 comment:

Casha said...

Amanda-I made this last week & we loved it. It's by far my favorite chili recipe! Thanks for sharing it.