Friday, April 24, 2009

Chickpea (Garbonzo) Pasta with Almonds and Parmesan

Hey Girls, now that the dread is over and winter has passed, let's get this going again!

I love this recipe. It's really light and easy. It's just as good warmed up the next day. I'll give you the exact recipe, then in parenthesis I'll tell you what I do.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic (I only use 2)
7 cups chicken broth (I only use 5, but I sometimes don't use as much pasta)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I skip these for Hai's sake)
Kosher salt (pinch)
1 lbs. angel hair pasta
1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained, rinsed
1 cup flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped almonds (I just use whatever I have)
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the broth, red pepper and salt - bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente - about 6 mins. Stir in chickpeas and parsley. Divide among individual plates and top with almonds and parmesan.

1 comment:

Britney said...

This sounds great, Jen! I've had something like this and it's a pretty healthy dish!